A tune up was a yearly requirement for older vehicles. Modern vehicles may not need tune ups for 100,000 miles. The specific intervals for your vehicle will be listed in the owner’s manual.
On the dashboard a flashing Check Engine Light indicates a misfire is present in the engine. (See our Free Check Engine Light Diagnostic). A rough idle can also indicate the need for a tune up or a jerking on acceleration. Yet, these symptoms can also indicate other problems which would require a free inspection to diagnose.
Tune ups generally include the following:
- Replacement of spark plugs
- A compression test on the cylinders
- Inspection and/or replacement of ignition wires
- Inspection and/or replacement of distributor cap and rotor
- Adjustment of ignition timing
- Replacement of the fuel filter
- Inspection and/or replacement of the air filter and PCV (positive crankcase ventilation)
The cost of the tune up depends on the make and model of the vehicle, and the number of components which need to be replaced. (The ignition described here is part of the electrical system used to ignite the combustion in the cylinders of a combustion engine. It does not refer to the key ignition).
Older vehicle tune ups (for vehicles manufactured prior to 1975) include inspection and/or replacement of ignition points and inspection and/or replacement of the ignition condenser. Then we’d use a dwell meter to set the ignition point gap to obtain a proper dwell reading.
What to expect when you bring your vehicle to Crawford’s Auto Repair for a tune up:
- You’ll be greeted with a friendly welcome. We’re always happy to meet new people.
- You’ll speak directly with an owner/auto technician. Our business model does not include service writers, who are essentially middleman sales people. Service writers create gaps in communication between the customer and technician, and they often try to up-sell the customer to increase commissions. Without service writers, we can actually diagnose your vehicle’s problems better and for a much better price.
- The technician will write down the symptoms or needs of your vehicle. He may take the vehicle for a test drive. Then he will perform a thorough inspection that includes a free safety check. We always provide free quotes to the customer and we never perform any services or repairs without the customer’s approval.
- You’re always invited into our repair shop to observe the mechanic as he works. You’re also welcome to sit comfortably in our waiting room with free WiFi internet access. If you need to go somewhere while your vehicle is in the shop, we offer a free shuttle service.
- We treat each vehicle as if it belonged to our own mother.
- We never try to sell unnecessary repairs. We just tell it like it is. We don’t work on commissions, and we don’t do “bait and switch” advertising.
- We strive to live up to our slogan of “quality you can trust.” See our customer reviews or read about some of our services in detail.
“Professional, honest. Work is always done in a timely manner!” –James R.
“I highly recommend this shop . . . This is a place you can trust!” –Janine F.
Visit us today or call (480) 201-0740