If your vehicle runs on diesel fuel then bring it to Crawford’s Auto Repair for diesel engine services. At Crawford’s Auto it doesn’t matter what the make and model of your vehicle is or what type of fuel it runs on. We fix all vehicles with engines of any size.
Most diesel engines are in trucks of various sizes, but there are a few cars with diesel engines as well. Some of our frequent customers with diesel engines are local businesses with fleet accounts. Since diesel engines can be more suitable for certain work and towing conditions, these vehicles are used by businesses to get the job done. We have years of experience with service vehicles including Cummins, Ford and Duramax diesel engines.
The Difference between Diesel Engines and Regular Gasoline Engines:
Many of the services we provide for regular gasoline engines are the same for diesel engines except where the two types of engines differ. Many diesel owners already know the differences. Yet, sometimes we get customers who ask what the differences are.
A diesel engine uses higher compression in the combustion cylinders to ignite the air-fuel mixture. It doesn’t require new spark plugs during a tune up because it doesn’t use spark plugs. Diesel-burning engines require diesel fuel which is much less flammable and therefore requires the higher compression in a diesel cylinder to combust. Putting regular gasoline in a diesel engine can damage the engine, since regular gasoline is more flammable. If you have a diesel engine and happen to fill up with regular gasoline on accident, then have your vehicle towed to the shop to have the fuel tank drained. (It happens, force of habit can make people pick the wrong nozzle at the gas station).
What to Expect from Diesel Engine Services at Crawford’s Auto Repair:
- You’ll be greeted with a friendly welcome. We’re always happy to meet new people.
- You’ll speak directly with an owner/auto technician. Our business model does not include service writers, who are essentially middleman sales people. Service writers create gaps in communication between the customer and technician, and they often try to up-sell the customer to increase commissions. Without service writers, we can actually diagnose your vehicle’s problems better and for a much better price.
- The technician will write down the symptoms or needs of your vehicle. He may take the vehicle for a test drive. Then he will perform a thorough inspection that includes a free safety check. We always provide free quotes to the customer and we never perform any services or repairs without the customer’s approval.
- You’re always invited into our repair shop to observe the mechanic as he works. You’re also welcome to sit comfortably in our waiting room with free WiFi internet access. If you need to go somewhere while your vehicle is in the shop, we offer a free shuttle service.
- We’re certified technicians with over 35 years of combined experience. In particular, co-owner Brad Weiss has previous shop experience where he frequently worked with Cummins, Ford and Duramax diesel engines. He also worked in another shop repairing medium and heavy duty trucks.
- We treat each vehicle as if it belonged to our own mother.
- We never try to sell unnecessary repairs. We just tell it like it is. We don’t work on commissions, and we don’t do “bait and switch” advertising.
- We strive to live up to our slogan of “quality you can trust.” See our customer reviews.
“Brad is a genius mechanic . . . whenever you take your vehicle to Crawford’s they are honest, reliable and fix the problem . . . I highly recommend Crawford’s for all your automotive repairs. I promise you will not be disappointed!” –Margaret H.
Visit us today or call (480) 201-0740